PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA)
Universal Equipment (Pty) Ltd (“Company”) is committed to the adherence of legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of Data Privacy and the protection of personal information. A new law, known as the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) that has come into operation, which law provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
The purpose for which your personal information will be collected and processed is to ensure that such personal information and documentation is verified and vetted to promote compliance with the company’s policies and thus prevent fraudulent and/or corrupt business activities.
We have always taken the accuracy, confidentiality and security of all Personal Information very seriously and we have policies and procedures in place to safeguard Personal Information and to ensure that it is correctly processed in terms of your service requirements. POPIA does however require us to document and record these policies and procedures and to make you conscious of these processes.
Unless we are advised to the contrary by you, at any time, in writing to our Information Officer.
- We will collect, process and distribute personal information as we are legally required to do so,
- You understand your right to privacy and the right to have your personal information processed in accordance with the conditions of lawful processing of personal information, and you understand the purposes for which your personal information is required and for which it will be used.
- You acknowledge that all of your personal information supplied to us for the purposes of conducting our business and related legal and operational reasons is accurate, up to date, is not misleading and is complete in all respects,
- Your rights in respect of your Personal Information held by us remain the right of access, rectification, deletion your Personal Information, objection to further processing, withdrawal of consent to process Personal Information
- You undertake to advise us immediately should there be any changes to your personal information. This disclosure remains your responsibility.
Following this and in order to give effect to this right, we are under a duty to provide you with certain assurances pertaining to the processing of your personal information.
1. Our Company’s Information Officer is Riaan Claassen (Email – firstname.lastname@example.org ).
2. All your data and personal information supplied to us will be held and/or stored securely for the purpose for which it was collected, for the provision and/or delivery of services and/or goods by you to the Company.
3. We will not share your personal information other than for the purpose of providing you with a service as required by law.
4. Our staff having access to such information have all been appraised of the necessity for such privacy.
5. Any requests for information will be referred directly to the company’s Information Officer or delegated employee.
6. A copy of this letter and further details on our External Privacy Notice are available on request and /or can be found on our website www.universalequipment.co.za